Our attorneys assist business clients in dealing with the changing tax environment by focusing on tax savings and compliance issues. The firm's practice includes federal tax planning for all aspects of corporations, partnerships (including limited partnerships, family limited partnerships, and limited liability partnerships), and limited liability companies, including issues involving formation, operation, reorganization, and liquidation.
The frequent and dramatic changes that characterize tax law make sophisticated tax advice an essential element of business and financial planning. We advise our clients on tax considerations in many contexts:
- All aspects of corporate taxation, including formation, operation, reorganization, and liquidation.
- Planning for acquisition, development, operation, and disposition of real estate.
- Consultation regarding pension and profit sharing plans, section 401(k) plans, cafeteria and welfare benefit plans, VEBAs, and deferred compensation arrangements.
- All aspects of partnership and limited liability company taxation, including formation, operation, liquidation, and reorganization.
- Structuring syndications of limited partnerships and limited liability company interests and exploring tax-advantaged investments.
- Advising on the special problems of non-profit organizations, including tax-exempt status and unrelated business income tax.
- Assisting in federal, state, or local tax controversies, including representing clients in administrative proceedings with IRS audit and collection functions, as well as litigation in United States Tax Court and appellate level courts.
The following attorney at Keefer Wood Allen & Rahal, LLP provides services in connection with federal taxation law: